Assistant Property Director
Title: Assistant Project Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Development and Acquisitions
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Development and Acquisitions
The Assistant Project Director is responsible for the day-to-day activities of projects throughout the entirety of the real estate cycle, interfacing with project teams and supporting the development team. The Assistant Project Director assists in the oversight of the design process, managing and updating schedules and budgets to ensure objectives are met, conducts market research and performs project level underwriting, and prepares and maintains project meeting minutes. This position works closely with and supports the Project Director regarding oversight of owner vendors and third-party consultants, project quality control, and obtaining approvals and permits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assist Senior Project Directors/Project Directors and/or EVP of Development (“Project Leads”) in overseeing all aspects of the real estate development process.
- Support and manage day-to-day activities of a project throughout the entirety of the real estate cycle, including but not limited to, initial project due diligence, permitting/regulatory process, design coordination, financing, construction oversight, and community outreach
- Ability to maintain responsibility for multiple projects at once and report to multiple Project Leads.
- Serve as an integral part of the development team, directly responsible for supporting their assigned project(s).
- Manage day-to-day activities associated with each project, including interfacing with the project team members with enthusiasm and commitment.
- Assist in the oversight of the design process, from procurement of project team through completion of construction.
- Prepare and oversee project communication and presentations for internal and external teams, community members, permitting efforts, and financial partners.
- Prepare and maintain project meeting minutes, ensuring all necessary follow-up is completed in a timely and organized fashion.
- Manage monthly requisition, invoices, and billing process in collaboration with JMC accounting and/or 3rd party lenders and financial partners.
- Work closely with the Project Leads to oversee owner vendors and third-party consultants with the A/E/C team.
- Evaluate project documents for compliance with owner quality expectations and contractual requirements.
- Evaluate change orders from the Contractor and additional service requests from consultants.
- Coordinate with the Project Leads on all project work within project timelines.
- Oversee project quality control, including helping to create and manage quality control plan, overseeing construction quality, and evaluating related parties’ quality systems and performance.
- Support the Project Leads in obtaining approvals and permits.
- Oversee compliance and various reporting obligations related to municipal, partnership, and financing agreements.
- Evaluate contracts and oversee insurance compliance with contractors, design professionals, and vendors.
- Support and interface with various internal and external project teams, as necessary, including leasing, marketing, legal, brokerage, etc.
- Coordinate with property management group on pre-leasing activities, reporting, unit turnover process, etc.
- Assist with managing and updating detailed project schedules, budgets and pro formas to ensure critical project objectives are met.
- Conduct market research.
- Engage in pre-construction work, interfacing with general contractors and vendors to ensure budgets are met and achieved.
- Conduct research, such as zoning by-laws, permit applications, site diligence, etc.
Demonstrated performance in a broad array of aspects of the development process, including permitting, design, construction, finance, and leasing. Highly effective communication, organization, presentation and listening abilities. Knowledge of budgets, project management and financial analysis. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Finance or related field and/or 3 years’ experience in property management, real estate, project management or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
Office setting; construction sites.
- Push/Pull: Seldom
- Lift/Carry: Up to 20 pounds
- Sit: Up to 60%
- Stand: Up to 20%
- Walk: Up to 20%
- Bend/Stoop: Seldom
Local travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability or religion will be considered.