Location: Parkside Commons & Chelsea Place, Chelsea, MA
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
The maintenance manager at John M. Corcoran & Company holds a key position in the company and is the eyes and ears of the property. The maintenance manager is the person responsible for the day-to-day physical upkeep of the property, both inside and out. And because curb appeal and resident satisfaction are at the top of the list of priorities at John M. Corcoran & Company, the successful maintenance manager requires a variety of skills including supervisory, communication, organizational and mechanical.
The list of responsibilities for a maintenance manager at John M. Corcoran & Company is extensive. It offers the right candidate the opportunity to enhance his current skills and acquire new knowledge. If after reading this list, you are interested in a career as a maintenance manager at JMC & Co, we invite you to submit your resume for review.
- motivate self and staff daily to maintain the property to attract new residents and to resolve work order requests from existing residents in a timely and satisfactory manner
- oversee the work of various contractors on the property to ensure the work is performed correctly and on schedule
- inspect each apartment annually as well as each time it is vacated
- make-ready vacant apartments in a timely and satisfactory manner so that the leasing staff can re-rent the apartments
- provide the leasing staff with an accurate list of apartments available to rent on a daily basis
- keep exceptional written records of preventative and emergency maintenance work, work orders, apartment renovations, annual inspections, purchase orders and overtime orders and submit these reports to the appropriate person
- maintain and service equipment pursuant to the recommendations of the manufacturer and the schedule set forth by John M. Corcoran & Company
- follow strict safety measures when working on the property and make sure that the maintenance staff is following the same policies and procedures
- schedule the maintenance staff so that there is emergency maintenance coverage every weekend, evening and holiday
- ensure that the maintenance staff is in proper uniform
- communicate various maintenance policies and procedures to the maintenance staff and make sure that they understand and follow them
- assist property manager with the annual property budget
- hire maintenance employees and evaluate their performance after 90 days and then annually thereafter
- coordinate annual maintenance projects including plantings, mowings, and leaf and debris removal
- perform other duties that may arise
- Must submit to and pass JMC & Co's background screening as explained in the employment application.
- Must submit to and pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening as explained in the JMC & Co's Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection Policy.
- Must submit to and pass a Physical and Agility Test.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must wear the appropriate attire provided for this position.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability or religion will be considered.