Location: MIO, Weymouth, MA
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
The maintenance manager at Corcoran Management Company holds a key position in the company and is the eyes and ears of the property. The maintenance manager is the person responsible for the day-to-day physical upkeep of the property, both inside and out. And because curb appeal and resident satisfaction are at the top of the list of priorities at Corcoran Management Company, the successful maintenance manager requires a variety of skills including supervisory, communication, organizational and mechanical.
The list of responsibilities for a maintenance manager at Corcoran Management Company is extensive. It offers the right candidate the opportunity to enhance his current skills and acquire new knowledge. If after reading this list, you are interested in a career as a maintenance manager at Corcoran, we invite you to submit your resume for review.
- motivate self and staff daily to maintain the property to attract new residents and to resolve work order requests from existing residents in a timely and satisfactory manner
- oversee the work of various contractors on the property to ensure the work is performed correctly and on schedule
- inspect each apartment annually as well as each time it is vacated
- make-ready vacant apartments in a timely and satisfactory manner so that the leasing staff can re-rent the apartments
- provide the leasing staff with an accurate list of apartments available to rent on a daily basis
- keep exceptional written records of preventative and emergency maintenance work, work orders, apartment renovations, annual inspections, purchase orders and overtime orders and submit these reports to the appropriate person
- maintain and service equipment pursuant to the recommendations of the manufacturer and the schedule set forth by Corcoran Management Company
- follow strict safety measures when working on the property and make sure that the maintenance staff is following the same policies and procedures
- schedule the maintenance staff so that there is emergency maintenance coverage every weekend, evening and holiday
- ensure that the maintenance staff is in proper uniform
- communicate various maintenance policies and procedures to the maintenance staff and make sure that they understand and follow them
- assist property manager with the annual property budget
- hire maintenance employees and evaluate their performance after 90 days and then annually thereafter
- coordinate annual maintenance projects including plantings, mowings, and leaf and debris removal
- perform other duties that may arise
- Must submit to and pass Corcoran Management Company’s background screening as explained in the employment application.
- Must submit to and pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening as explained in the Corcoran Management Company’s Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection Policy.
- Must submit to and pass a Physical and Agility Test.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must wear the appropriate attire provided for this position.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability or religion will be considered.