Location: The Atherton, Haverhill, MA
Senior Property Manager/Portfolio Director
The Property Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the assigned properties, including the supervision of administrative, leasing and maintenance staff, in order to achieve company goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Prepare, present and monitor the annual operating budgets.
- Ensure that properties are collecting all rent and fees when due; authorize corrective and/or legal action as required to ensure collection; follow up on any legal action.
- Monitor purchase order system and pre-approve any unbudgeted purchases in excess of $500; approve and process all invoices for payment.
- Hire, train, supervise staff and, if necessary, terminate staff, according to company policy.
- Make recommendations for promotion and/or salary increases for staff; Evaluate performance of office staff and Maintenance Manager.
- Monitor rental activity at the property/ies and be knowledgeable about the competition; Make recommendations to the Senior Property Manager in areas of rental rates, renewal rents and marketing strategies.
- Perform annual inspections, quarterly market studies and oversee preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee completion, inspection and red dotting of apartments as per company red dot policy.
- Negotiate contracts and evaluate bids pertaining to the operation of assigned property/ies and make recommendations to the Senior Property Manager and Director of Maintenance (except elevator, trash removal and laundry contracts).
- Review and approve new resident applications and ensure that the Rental Manager or Assistant Property Manager is approving new residents’ applications in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that resident files are maintained in a neat and orderly manner and are complete in accordance with company policies and those of any regulatory agency involved.
- Ensure that staff is properly trained and supported in order to effectively and efficiently perform their assigned duties.
- Serve as a liaison with municipal officials, regulatory agency personnel and others involved in the monitoring and/or financing of the property.
- Serve as a liaison with fee property owner representatives to ensure compliance with overall strategy and property performance goals.
- Prepare monthly variance reports and reporting packages to fee property owners and Senior Property Manager.
- Advise and work with condominium boards when applicable relative to daily operations and rule enforcement.
- Monitor capital improvement programs in conjunction with the Senior Property Manager and Director of Maintenance.
- Conduct annual property audits and ensure properties are properly prepared for internal and external property reviews (REAC, PMR/MOR, CMC’s internal audit, LIHTC etc)
- Ensure that the buildings and grounds are maintained in the high quality expected at a Corcoran managed property; be aware of and address any potential safety violations.
- Review all incident reports prior to sending them to Braintree.
- Understand, train on and follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- Complete required trainings as assigned.
- Attend required meetings.
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in property management. Proficiency in affordable housing and knowledge of Fair Housing regulations.
Demonstrated leadership, communication, prioritization and interpersonal skills. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Yardi software.
Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
Leasing, maintenance and administrative staff. May also directly supervise Assistant Property Manager.
Up to 20 pounds
Up to 80%
Up to 50%
Up to 50%
Local travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.