Rental & Assistant Property Manager
LOCATION: Amherst Park, Amherst, NH
REPORTS TO: ON-SITE MANAGER
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Rental/Assistant Property Manager
December 3, 2021
The Rental/Assistant Property Manager is responsible for overseeing marketing, resident relations, affordable housing programs and administrative operations at the assigned property.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Maintain target occupancy or above at the property.
- Develop and initiate marketing plans to attract new residents and maintain existing ones.
- Lease apartments and oversee the leasing of apartments by leasing consultants.
- Approve all rental applications.
- Maintain current inventory of available apartments on apartment status report.
- Conduct and update monthly market surveys of competitive properties.
- Serve as the liaison between residents and maintenance and/or Corcoran management.
- Resolve resident complaints and concerns regarding the property.
- Work with resident organizations.
- Organize activities for residents; supervise activities of Recreation Coordinator, if applicable.
- Maintain updated files of social services agencies in the local area; refer residents as needed.
- Collect rents, post to resident accounts and make deposits of rental payments.
- Inspect as per company red dot policy.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager the scheduling of painting, cleaning and other
- maintenance work associated with move-ins and move-outs.
- Prepare company and government agency documents/reports as required.
- Handle delinquent resident accounts in accordance with company policies.
- Execute lease renewals; execute recertifications at affordable housing properties.
- Coordinate apartment inspection reports with Maintenance Manager.
- Prepare security and vandalism reports with Maintenance Manager and forward to leadership.
- Maintain complete and current resident files in accordance with Corcoran Management Company’s policies and those of any regulatory agency involved.
- Oversee the maintenance work order system and purchase order system. Perform site inspections with Maintenance Manager and Property Manager.
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- Complete required trainings as assigned.
- Attend required meetings.
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in property management. Experience in affordable housing and knowledge of Fair Housing regulations.
Demonstrated leadership, communication, prioritization and interpersonal skills. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Yardi software.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
Leasing, maintenance and administrative staff.
Up to 20 pounds
Up to 80%
Up to 50%
Up to 50%
Local travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability or religion will be considered.