PART TIME RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Location: Andover Commons, Andover, Massachusetts
Position Purpose: Coordinate and carry out educational and employment programs of the Pelham Apartments Resident Services and Business Center.
Reports to: Resident Services Manager (RSM)
Positions Supervised: Volunteers, interns
- Conduct regularly scheduled workshops on basic computer skills, such as WORD, EXCEL, and others subject areas based on feedback from residents. Develop and implement a year-round program schedule that is reliable and consistent.
- Develop and implement daily programming for youth; outreach to the population to ensure regular participation.
- Coordinate and implement informational sessions/activities in the areas of by scheduling guest speakers:
- Academic achievement and leadership development such as, homework help, project research, college prep., etc.
- Economic development for the continuum of ages that utilize the center such as, financial literacy workshops, resume writing, web-based job search assistance, etc.
- Monitor appropriate use of the computers on a daily basis by monitoring each PC, maintaining records of usage and ensuring the safety of the users.
- Provide one-on-one assistance to the youth and adults utilizing the center’s technology.
- Market all programs via newsletter, newspaper, flyers, and cable as needed.
- Attend training and networking sessions offered by Mass. Housing, TAP, and other related organizations.
- Maintain accurate records and contact information for all site attendees, including children and adults. Prepare and submit monthly (program, events, and demographics) reports to the RSM.
- Attend and participate in networking opportunities that will enhance and further the mission and purpose of the center.
- Conduct a systems back-up on a daily basis.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers and college interns.
- Attend annual college internship fairs to promote internship opportunities at the center.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, supplies and other necessary materials; submit purchase orders to RSM for approval in a timely manner. Communicate any critical problems to the RSM.
- Assist with the daily maintenance of center.
- Be courteous and respectful to all residents and staff.
- Maintain resident confidentiality at all times.
- Immediately report abuse or any signs of abuse to the RSM and in her absence to the Assistant Property Manager, and/or DCF.
- Perform any other duties that may arise in accordance with management requests.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability or religion will be considered.